Saturday, February 16, 2013

Father-daughter dance

Last weekend, Chad took Rhyan to the Father/daughter dance at West Valley High School.  It was a Masquerade Ball theme and we found a cute mask at Pier 1.  My sweet friend, Christun, was kind enough to lend us hers but I was paranoid that Rhyan might drop it (it was handmade) or leave it at the dance.  We got Rhyan a new dress, shoes and purse (she saw it at Payless shoes when we were getting her shoes and I just couldn't resist - I mean, come on, they matched!).  She was sooooo excited!  I curled her hair and even put a little blush on her cheeks and some lip gloss.  She and Chad went to dinner at Creekside before the dance.  Apparently there was probably around 500 people at the dance so Rhyan felt pretty overwhelmed.  They waited in line for about 45 minutes just for pictures!  They ended up leaving a little early and got some ice cream because she felt so uncomfortable with all the people there.  Chad decided it would be a good idea to have a "date night" with her every once in awhile.  I couldn't agree more!





I had to get a couple of goofy pictures of her.  After all, this is her real personality showing through!


1 comment: