Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween fun

We had a fun Halloween this year! Rhyan dressed up as Sleeping Beauty and Hunter (in his final Halloween dressing up) went as a hobo. His costume only cost me $8 so I was pretty pleased ~ considering every year we've spent around $40 for his costumes! All I bought was a flannel shirt at Value Village, some face make-up, and a pair of $1 gloves that I cut holes out of. I also made him a sign from a cardboard box that read "Will work for candy, any candy will do." Everyone seemed to get a kick out of his costume. He even got offered a few jobs! We went to Zillah to meet up with my sis and her family to do the trunk-or-treat in town, and than we took the kids to a few houses. We ended up at my parents where all five of the kids took advantage of Grandma's candy bowl!

On Thursday, Rhyan's pre-school had their Pumpkin Party and Chad and I were both able to go. We helped Rhyan decorate her pumpkin she had picked out at the pumpkin patch. Each child got to show off their pumpkin and tell us all what they named it. Rhyan named her pumpkin "Aurora (a.k.a Sleeping Beauty)." That seemed to be the theme with most of the kids: naming the pumpkin either after their real names or whatever their costume was! It was fun to see Rhyan in her classroom setting. She is very different from Hunter! Where Hunter has always been very social and wanting to be the center of attention, Rhyan was very quiet and did not want to go to the front of the class. At home, though, they are both a couple of goof balls!









1 comment:

  1. Rhyan looks like a TRUE princess!!---The curled hair is beautiful... It's hard to believe how quickly our girls are growing up...

    ReplyDelete