Saturday, February 28, 2009

My little ballerina

Today was a really exciting day for me (ok, it was for Rhyan, too) - Rhyan had her first dance class of ballet and tap! Growing up, I wanted to be in dance soooo very badly. Even to this day I really wish I had the opportunity to learn ballet. I never thought I'd have a girl someday but I said that if I ever did (or if my sister ever did) that she would be in dance. I knew that once Rhyan turned 3 I would be putting her in dance. Thankfully I have been blessed with a girly-girl who loves to dance and sing...so I can live vicariously through her. Just kidding! Well, sorta. Rhyan was not happy that I put her hair in a pig tail, though - for some reason she doesn't understand that you have to get used to the tugging and pain of a pony tail. Sheesh. Beauty is pain, sweetheart! I wanted to take a picture of her in her outfit but she just stared at me with big, sad blue eyes. Apparently I'm a horrible mom for making her wear her hair up; I mean, come on, she has to be like a real ballerina!


When we got to class, Rhyan was a little apprehensive and just stood and watched the other girls. It didn't take long for her to loosen up and pretty soon she was doing exactly as the teacher was doing. Once Teacher Heidi praised her for doing so well, it was done - she was hooked. She was fully into the tap dancing part and was jumping around and having a blast.










I already can't wait for next week...I'm sure Rhyan can't wait, too!



2 comments:

  1. That is so stinkin' cute! I can't wait until her first recital!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun! I love having a girly girl too! I am so glad she was able to do dance! It is so fun to watch them! Rhyan looks adorable!

    ReplyDelete