Saturday, September 20, 2008

Rainy, windy game

Hunter had a game today at 11:00 and it was quite chilly! It drizzled on and off and the wind was blowing most of the game. Rhyan was a little trooper, though. She sat in the covered chair most of the game or ran around the area behind us. I did manage to bring reinforcements...popcorn and fruit snacks. Those seem to keep her sitting still for awhile. During the game, we noticed Hunter was only wearing one of his gloves (the ones he insisted he needed since he's a center this year). Chad and I were commenting on what a dork he looked like wearing one glove... and on the wrong hand! After the game, Hunter said his hands were freezing. I asked why he wasn't wearing both of his gloves. He said the quarterback was having a hard time gripping the ball (because it was so wet) so he offered him one of his gloves. Awww!OK. I officially felt like a jerk for making fun of him behind his back. Sometimes I think he's just too sweet to play a mean sport like football!! :)

After we got home and warmed up, I told Rhyan we needed to change out of our wet clothes. She ran upstairs and got a dress to put on. I'm not sure what her fascination is with wearing dresses all time but I'm not complaining! As I've always said: if she's going to be stuck with a boys name for the rest of her life, she better be a girly-girl!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, makes you wonder where Hunter got the sweetness from - you know it wasn't from our side of the family! :)

    ReplyDelete