Yesterday morning my dear friend, Nancy passed away after a short battle with cancer. I had known Nancy since I first started working at Wiley Hurst's office back in 1997. She and I became immediate friends (as she did with everyone). She threw a baby shower for me when I was pregnant with Hunter at her home, and she was one of the first people I called when I found out I was having a girl (having a son and daughter of her own, Nancy was thrilled). Nancy was like a mother and grandmother to everyone in the office. She loved to cook, bake, give advice, or just chit chat. She had a youthful spirit and most importantly, a love for the Lord. Nancy always wanted to hear the latest about my children, and consistently offered me advice and encouragement in my struggles as a mom, wife, and Christian. Her marriage to her husband, Bob was a great example to all. I will miss Nancy so much: her laugh, her mischievous grin...even her nosiness! Nancy was never afraid to tell you the honest truth, and I loved her for it. Even though I grieve for her loss in this world, I am comforted knowing that she is resting in the arms of the Lord, rejoicing in his presence.
My eyes are dim with grief. I call to you, O Lord, every day; I spread out my hands to you. Psalm 88:9
Thank you, Lord for blessing me with such a wonderful friend!
That was such a sweet tribute to your dear friend. I'll be keeping you and her family in my prayers.
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry to read of your loss, Melissa!
ReplyDelete