Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Old Faithful in Yakima?

Well that's sure what it looked like when I came home from church on Sunday. I went to let Belle out in the backyard and heard the weirdest noise. I looked around the backyard and saw water shooting 100 ft into the sky (ok, maybe not that high but seriously, it was crazy). I panicked and called Chad, whose was at work, while trying everything I could to turn off faucets and the sprinklers. Two neighbors came by to let me know there was a blast of water coming from our backyard yet did not offer to help...even after I told one guy I didn't know what to do and my husband was at work. Instead he told me it looked like my next door neighbor was home so maybe he could help me. Gee, thanks. Thankfully Chad was able to get here pretty quickly and he knew what to do to get it turned off. Apparently something froze the night before and burst. Another blessing is it won't cost much to fix!

This picture really doesn't do it justice. Our entire backyard was soaking wet and the water was spraying everywhere. Poor Dakota stayed in her indoor kennel the entire time; I'm sure the explosion scared the poor thing half to death!

2 comments:

  1. So I'm sure Chad drove at a nice steady pace through town to get to your house, right? ;)

    Oh, and Dan's getting after Chad for not blowing out the sprinklers to winterize them. Apparently the irrigation won't be turned off until tomorrow. Whoops!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually our irrigation got turned off today but it didn't have to do with the sprinkler system - so it didn't matter that we didn't hadn't blown out the sprinkler system yet!

    ReplyDelete