Wednesday, August 27, 2008

1st day of 4th grade

Yesterday was Hunter's first day of 4th grade... I can't believe I have a 4th grader! I'm too young to have a 4th grader right? Well, sorta. He was pretty anxious to go back to school this year; first, he really didn't have many friends in our new neighborhood to play with, and second, his cousin Blake told him how awesome Mrs. Jamieson is (his teacher). Blake had Mrs. Jamieson in 4th grade two years ago and liked her so much I requested her for Hunter this year. Hunter came home yesterday and said she's really awesome! I was extremely pleased to see that she is very organized. She has a checklist for when supplies are running low that the kids keep in their binder. That confirmed with me that Mrs. Jamieson is, in fact, awesome!

Hunter woke up the day before school with a rather large pimple on the end of his nose. Ugh. I really hope he doesn't get my complexion! I immediately gave him a lesson on washing his face really well, especially after football practice. I even went and bought him a special face wash and had him put some Retin-A on it. Ok, so maybe I overreacted a bit but I have had so many problems with my skin that I plan to nip it in the bud if either of my kids have a problem, too. I'm not sure if you can see the pimple in the picture, but here is my little guy on the first day of 4th grade (looking so much like his dad I might add)...

2 comments:

  1. Hunter looks just like Chad in that picture! And tell him not to worry, he hardly looked like Rudolph at all :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I can't believe I have a 4th grader for a grandson! Hunter have a great time in school this year! Love you, Grandma

    ReplyDelete