Thursday, April 2, 2009

Spring Break...and no camera!

Chad and I decided to take the kids to Triple Play in Hayden, Idaho. It's less than a 1/2 hour from Spokane and we've heard it's really fun. Since Chad has family that live in Spokane, we figured we'd stop in and say hello. We got to Spokane on Tuesday afternoon and took the kids swimming in the hotel for a bit. After, we headed to Chad's grandparents house and visited with them for awhile. The next morning, on Wednesday, we headed to Triple Play. It's a huge indoor water park with three big slides, a kiddie area and a wave pool area. We assumed Rhyan would love the kiddie area: it had two small slides and waterfalls. Uh...no. First, I tried to take her up the stairs to go down one of the slides. Well, there is watering trickling down from the top and she immediately got water in her face. She was screaming and crying but I sorta forced her down the slide anyway. At the end of the slide there's a pool of water and she got splashed in the face again! Once I got her to calm down, she was happily playing in the shallow area of the pool where the are some fountains kids can put their hands in. That's when it happened. The BIG ONE. A huge bucket that fills up with water and splashes over EVERYTHING when it gets full. There was poor little Rhyan...happily playing when she suddenly got absolutely SOAKED with water. That was the end for her. She screamed as soon as the water hit her. After that, she sat on the edge of the pool and watched everyone play. We couldn't get her to budge after that.

Hunter, on the other hand, couldn't get enough. We took his friend, Trenton, with us and they were going non-stop up the stairs and down the different water slides. I went down the water slides with them a few times and it was really fun! There is also a full arcade, indoor mini golf and bowling alley (not to mention go karts, bumper boats and outdoor golf with nice weather). We let the kids play in the arcade for awhile and than ate some lunch. We played a game and a half of bowling (you have an hour to play as much as you can) before we headed back to the hotel. We were able to meet Chad's step dad for dinner at TGI Friday's. He has been working in Spokane during the week the past three weeks. We got home this afternoon and I had plenty of laundry to get done!

So, unfortunately, I have NO pictures of our vacation...I left my camera at home. Chad had a great idea of buying a waterproof disposable camera...which I forgot to look for when we stopped at Wal Mart!! Oh well. I'll get plenty of pictures next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment