Wednesday, July 30, 2008

My big girl




Rhyan is certainly developing a mind of her own. This morning, as we were getting ready for Gymanstics, she announced that she wanted "two pigtails" and was persistent that I use two blue rubberbands. She also wanted a pink barrette in her hair...ooookay! As I was getting her breakfast, she asked for cereal "in a white bowl" meaning she didn't want one of her little bowls. She also wanted milk in her cereal with a spoon. As you can see in the picture, she insisted on wearing her Barbie sunglasses while she ate. I was actually pretty surprised that she ate almost all of the cereal - she's really picky and hardly eats anything. I think I'll try adding milk to a big bowl everyday!!

Rhyan has also gotten very good at correcting us when we use "bad" words. Hunter, being the typical 9-year-old boy, thinks it's hilarious to say the word "butt" whether it be referring to cheeks or ah-hem...crack. I always tell him "say bottom" and Rhyan has picked up this. So, today, we're at gymnastics and the kids are taking turns on the trampoline. The teacher was instructing them on seat drops. When one of the girls was jumping, her mom told her to fall on her butt. I cringed. I knew it was coming. Rhyan walked right up to her and said, "Say bottom!" Oh well, I guess I should be proud that she's using good manners!

3 comments:

  1. The "bottom/butt" story is hilarious!

    Also---LOVE the new layout, too! How did you get music to play upon opening your blog? I like it! You've become a "pro" at this in no time... :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the upside down glasses! Who doesn't want to start the day off right with Barbie sunglasses anyways? :-)

    ReplyDelete